Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Peace Be Still

PeaceBestill1_Djmiller

Happy Tuesday!

Today, I thought I would share the story behind this card, using Peace Be Still. It ended up in the catalogue on page 88, but wasn't created specifically for that purpose.

This card was created for my card ministry. Monthly, I send cards to "shut-in" members of my church. People who are in nursing homes now or home bound and unable to get to church like they use to.

It was April when I created it, so I took the liberty of coloring the bird like a robin. {The stamp says snow bird - creative license - right?} After a long winter in Wisconsin, we long to see the first robin of Spring. The robin is a sign of Hope where I live...green grass, flowers blooming - new life is right around the corner.

I try to send hope and encouragement to the men and women on my list every month and Peace Be Still is a perfect set. I used all the sentiments in this set "Peace, Be Still" on the front, "Be still, and know that I am God" Psalm 46:10 inside left and "You're in my thoughts today." inside right. A simple card using just one set.
PeaceBestill2_Djmiller
Supplies -- Stamps: T-3309 Peace Be Still; Papers: Kraft, Birch & Brown Cardstock; Ink: Tuxedo Black Memento ink, Palette Burnt Umber, Copic Markers [B41, E55, YG93, R29, E13]

This card uses one of Heather Scott's sketches we featured here on this blog back in May. The supplies used are simple. Note that this image is stamped on Birch cardstock and I only used a few Copic markers with a feather technique leaving some "white space". When you make multiples of a card - simplicity is a good thing. There is beauty in simplicity. The focal point is my robin and my message is Hope.

The Angel Company started a new program this year called -- "TAC Card Clubs". It is about cardmaking with a purpose or I've heard some Angels at seminar call it "Cards for a Cause". As cardmakers we have the wonderful opportunity to bless others with our handmade creations.

It is the outward giving that is a natural part of cardmaking that attracted me to this particular form of art. There are so many in our immediate community or family who could use a kind word or simply would love to receive a card for a special occasion or out of the blue.

When I started, I did not know any of the men or women on my list, but over the past year I've had the opportunity to meet most of them. Our church goes Christmas caroling at the nursing homes in mid-December and that is when I met Edna, one of the ladies on my list. I found out her sister had been a cardmaker and she sincerely appreciated receiving my handmade cards now that her sister had passed.

You can make a difference.

Mischelle talks about making "Cards for Kids" on page 2 and 3 of the catalogue. There are a number of Angels who make cards for birthdays, anniversaries, veterans, wounded soldiers, female soldiers, families of deployed soldiers, the sick, the lonely and the imprisoned. What is your cause? Who can you celebrate, bless, uplift, encourage?

Abundant Blessings to you...

Deb

3 comments:

  1. LOVE this card, and your post today!! TFS You have a beautiful heart!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So beautiful! Love the backstory...so perfectly YOU! Hugs! Kerry

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful card and beautiful story.

    ReplyDelete