Thursday, June 14, 2012

Little Miss Muffet: Patriotic Horse

Happy Thursday!

We have a new challenge at Little Miss Muffet today - Loads of Layers.  I used an image from the Snugly Giftables collection called Patriotic Horse.  I was waiting until a bit before July 4th to use this one, so this seemed like the perfect time.  This collection has lots of holiday images and is offered as a set for a reduced price.
The designer paper is Simple Stories "Summer Fresh"; it has a great color palette. The chevron pattern is part of one of the patterned papers in this paper pack.  {The majority of the patterns in the chevron are full sheets, so you could technically make this a patchwork pattern like this.}  I cut it out and layered it on red cardstock and then on the Navy base card.

My loads of layers is mostly in the image.  I printed the image twice and layered it to create some depth.  The flag in on the base layer.  It is blank so you can create your own flag.  I created an altered American flag.  I just drew it in with pencil first and then colored it in with Copic markers.  The star I cut out of the candle on the base image since I would be covering it.

The candles, cowboy hat and flag pole are on the next layer, although all pieced on the base image separately.  The third and last layer is the horse, which I popped.

So, I have 3 layers on the base card {not counting the ribbon and button - do they count?} and 3 more layers on the image. 

Supplies -- 
Image: Little Miss Muffet Patriotic Horse
Designer Paper: Simple Stories "Summer Fresh"
Cardstock:  PTI Pure Poppy, RRD Navy
Embellishments: Mays Arts Crinkle Ribbon, Button
Copic Colors: E30, E31, E35, E37, E47, B91, B95, B99, R00, R02, R24, R27, R29, YR21, YR23, YR24 

Challenges:
Divas by Design - Summer Theme
Freshly Brewed - Anything Goes
Just Keep on Creating - Anything Goes
The Paper Shelter - Anything Goes
Whimsy Inspires - Buttons and Bows

Like always, LMM Challenges are open to everyone, you may enter once if you follow the theme OR use a LMM image and you don't have to follow the theme and can enter multiple times - more chances to WIN!

Next week we have new releases!

Thanks for stopping by...
Blessings,
Deb

16 comments:

  1. Deb I love this, the layout is fab and the paper is just gorgeous, fab little horsey he is :) Joey xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Deb, love your card, and that pattern in the backgroud looks great! You know I'm a patchwork girl! HUgs, Frea

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh what a cute card for a child. Love it. Lots of pretty colors.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Deb this is just gorgeous! I love that Simple Stories paper and your layered image really stands out!

    Arabella

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is adorable and I love the patchwork decorative paper! Great coloring with the browns too - love the soft look! Gorgeous card! :D

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh this is completely fab! I love the giant chevron, love the blue, it really makes your mage, which is coloured beautifuuly, pop. xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh My Wow!!! This is stunning! I love how clean and gorgeous your lines are. The quilt looking piece is perfection and your image is beyond sweet! love your coloring / shading.

    Thank you for playing along in FBD's 100th challenge celebration! Winners will be announced the following Wednesday. *DON'T FORGET* we have a fun blog hop planned for this weekend too :)
    Hope to see you there.

    Big smiles,
    Heather D.
    www.freshbreweddesigns.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is adorable and I love that cute image. Super colours and lay-out.

    Hugs, Mette

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is so adorable, what a great choice of images! The layout of this card is just spectacular!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Those chevrons are so hot right now. I love hos you've used them on your card Deb. Great card! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful card, love the layout, colors, layers, nontraditional fourth of July theme, I guess everything!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh Deb, I am in love with your card - so adorable! Brilliant bow too!

    ReplyDelete
  13. How cute isn't this? It's so sweet. I adore it. Thanks for playing with us over at TPS this week. Good Luck with the challenge.
    Love n hugs
    Marie

    ReplyDelete
  14. Gorgeous card.
    Thanks for joining us at Diva's this week.
    Hugs
    JAyne
    x

    ReplyDelete
  15. super card Deb thanks for joining us at Diva's this time hope to see you again soon
    hugs
    laney

    ReplyDelete
  16. such a cute card, I love the quilted background with all the different colours.

    Thanks so much for sharing your creation at Anything goes, Just keep on creating, I hope you will continue to play along. Sorry about the the delay in leaving my comment I have been overseas and then got sick, I will be announcing the winners and will have the next challenge by 01/09 :)

    ReplyDelete