Monday, June 18, 2012

Monday Inspiration: Card Ministry


Looking for my Little Miss Muffet Lil' Kitty post?
You can find it HERE

Happy Monday!

I have some really simple card ideas today.  The card above is the card I made for the homebound ministry this month.  This is a photograph I took Saturday of my roses.  They are amazing this year.  It must have been the warm March because every inch of the vine is covered with what look like bouquets of roses.  They have never bloomed like this.

I printed the picture out on textured cardstock - Bazzill (canvas).  Love this technique - makes it look like a painting. 
I added a vellum die cut (Nestabilities Labels 4) with the verse from RRD "Give Praise to Him".  Then, I stitched around the perimeter.  The base card is Bazzill Raspberry Splash.
 -----------------
The next set of cards uses the same technique of printing photographs onto Bazzill (canvas) textured cardstock.  These are all pictures I took while up North in Three Lakes, WI at the end of May.  Some friends from church have a cabin there and we were extremely fortunate to be able to stay there for a few days.

I made this set of cards as a Thank You gift for our friends.  They loved them.  All the pictures are taken on their property.  I left them blank inside so they could use them for any occasion.   

They are all simply matted - really a quick cards. 
 





Hope you enjoyed today's post. 

Thanks for stopping by...
Blessings,
Deb

7 comments:

  1. Love your canvas photo cards. Those are beautiful, calm scenes. They make perfect note cards. Great idea.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are an amazingly talented woman! I didn't know what a skilled photographer you are as well...gorgeous cards!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your cards are GORGEOUS, Deb! What a wonderful gift set those would make!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a fantastic idea to make someone cards with pictures from their vacation home! You are sure to get another invite! I really do like this idea and your creations are lovely!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a great idea to print on textured cardstock - I need to try that! Beautiful pics and of course they make beautiful cards.

    ReplyDelete
  6. So amazing and beautiful. Another great use for textured cardstock... thanks for the idea.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, these are stunning! I love the one with the boat but they're all favorites! :D

    ReplyDelete