Monday, June 10, 2013

Nina B - Chalkboard Birthday

Hi All,

I have a birthday card today.  I'm using a Nina B set "Chalkboard Birthday"  which is available through The Craft's Meow.  

This is a really simple card.  I stamped the sentiment with PTI Vintage Cream ink, a pigment ink.  A great ink, it looks chalky and you can see I smeared it a bit, but I think that is OK considering I was going for a chalkboard look.

The patterned paper is from Pebbles "Walnut Grove".  Love the banner pattern.  Cardstock is PTI True Black, Kraft and Pure Poppy.  The Pure Poppy panel is popped and so is the chalkboard sentiment.  I added a twill loop accent to finish the card.

I made this card with several people in mind, a couple teachers and one childhood friend whom I played "school" with all the time. We had a black slate chalkboard in the basement.  A fun childhood memory. :)

Happy Birthday Debbie!  Your card is in the mail. :D

Challenges:
Make it Monday - Anything Goes 
Sister Act Card Challenge - Anything Goes
CAS-ual Fridays - CAS and banners/flags
Fairy tale Challenge - Pennants 

Thanks for stopping by...
Blessings,
Deb  

10 comments:

  1. Hi Debra

    It may be simple but is still a fabulous card with his fun sentiment panel and bright colours.

    Thank you for sharing with us at Make It Monday this week.

    Michelle :o)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice card, Deb. You are keeping your blog very active! Love seeing what you make.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love it! I want to make one like it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. love the chalkboard look. super card! thanks so much for joining us this week at CAS-ual Fridays Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a lovely card. I love the blackboard look of your sentiment! Thank you for joining us at Fairytale Challenge! xx Bianca

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fabulous card and stamp Debra. I saw this on MIM..Loz

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the chalkboard finish! Thanks for joining us at CAS-ual Fridays Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful card. Thanks for joining us at fairy tale.
    Hugs stine

    ReplyDelete
  9. Fabulous!
    Thanks for joining us at the Fairy Tale Challengeblog!
    Andrea :-)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow, what a fantastic card. Thanks for joining us at the Fairytale Challenge.
    Hugs, Uta

    ReplyDelete