Monday, June 3, 2013

Taylored Expressions April Card Kit

Today I have a few cards I created using Taylored Expressions April card kit.  I know I'm a little behind, but I'm hoping I will be back on track soon. 
The April stamp of the month was "Simple Greetings".  The patterned paper in the kit was Fancy Pants Park Bench.  I love the colors of this paper pad.   Coordinating cardstock and ribbon came with the kit, however I used a couple other colors of cardstock, PTI Vintage Cream and Summer Sunrise.
The leaves were stamped on Vintage Ivory cardstock with VersaMagic Sea Breeze, flowers with PTI Summer Sunrise and Harvest Gold.  I cut the flowers out by hand and added an amber gem to the center.  I also added some stitching with ivory thread. 
For this second card, I stamped the leaves using PTI True Black ink.  The flower is stamped with VersaMagic Sea Breeze.  I added some stitching with black thread and black gems. 
The last card is a simple one.  I used the gold and black cardstock and ribbon from the kit.  I used several punches a 1.75" and 2" dia circle die.  The gold punched layer was done using a 2.5" dia scalloped punch and double punching to create the pinking shears edge.  See this post where I show double punching to create a new shape.

Supplies Card 1
Stamps: Taylored Expressions Simple Greetings
Patterned paper: Fancy Pants Park Bench
Cardstock and ribbon from kit 
Other cardstock: PTI Vintage Ivory, Summer Sunrise
Amber gems
Sewing machine with ivory thread

Supples Card 2
Stamps: Taylored Expressions Simple Greetings
Patterned paper: Fancy Pants Park Bench
Cardstock and ribbon from kit
Other cardstock: PTI Vintage Ivory
Black gems
Sewing machine with black thread

Supplies Card 3
Stamps: Taylored Expressions Simple Greetings
Patterned paper: Fancy Pants Park Bench
Cardstock and ribbon from kit
Punches: 1.75", 2" dia circle and 2.5" scalloped

Challenges:
The Hobby House - Anything Goes
Card Makin Mama's - Use Rubber stamp
Sister Act Card Challenge - Anything Goes
Totally Papercrafts - Anything Goes
Make it Monday - Anything Goes

Thanks for stopping by...
Blessings,
Deb

10 comments:

  1. A gorgeous creation and thank you so much for joining us at the Hobby House Challenge
    Hugs Kate xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are gorgeous, Debra! Love the bold patterns and fabulous stitching!

    Thank you for sharing with us at The Hobby House Challenge.
    Tracey x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely card! I saw it on Make it Monday.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful cards - love the elegant design and fabulous colours.
    Thanks for playing along with us at TPC this week.
    Good luck.
    Debs xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. I decided to leave comments for all the debs who entered cards in Make it Monday this week! Love all your cards. I never heard of Taylored Expressions. The papers are lovely. I really like the first card color combo and stitching.

    TFS
    DebiB
    thatmightlookgoodonacard.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous cards and colors Debra. I saw this on MIM..Loz

    ReplyDelete
  7. These are such gorgeous cards. Love all the beautiful designer paper and stamps you used. Thank you so much for sharing with us at Make It Monday. ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the look of 3D flowers, and yours are superb with the little gems in the centre. Your stitching is very neat and the wrapped ribbon really ties everything together! Thanks for joining us at Sister Act Card Challenge :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Fantastic cards! I really LOVE the colors and your wonderful stitching. I popped over from Make It Monday.

    ReplyDelete
  10. love the colour scheme- thanks for joining us at Card Makin' Mamas. x

    ReplyDelete