Saturday, February 1, 2014

Sketch Saturday Challenge #295

Happy February!

We have a new sketch challenge starting today at Sketch Saturday.  Cathy is hosting this week and arranged a fabulous sponsor - A Day For Daisies.  The prize is $12 gift certificate!

Cathy also designed this awesome sketch...
Here is my interpretation of the sketch:
I had several A Day For Daisies images so I used one I bought last Fall for this challenge.  This is Five Robins in Winter

I printed the image 3 times and layered it to created the 3 layered rectangles in the sketch.  The background panel for the images is embossed with a woodgrain texture.  I thought this was a unique interpretation of the sketch. 
 
The front and center image I colored with Copic markers: E30, E31, E33, E35, E37, E47, R20, R24, B21, B23, W0, W1, W2, 0.

The cardstock used is PTI White and True Black.  The saddle stitch ribbon is PTI Blueberry Sky.  I added a black button with white floss.

You can see all the DT's creations using this sketch and enter the challenge HERE.

Challenges:
Crafty Catz - Anything Goes
Frosted Designs - Winter Blues
The Crafter's Cafe - Use Ribbon
Digi Haven - Snow Buddies

Thanks for stopping by...
Blessings,
Deb

22 comments:

  1. Absolutely gorgeous! Love your blog....call me a fan! I'm originally from Milwaukee too!

    Peace & Luv,
    Jeannie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, this card is fabulous. Really love the idea of using a stamp this way. I'm amazed!

    ReplyDelete
  3. How pretty! Love the pretty winter scene! Thanks for joining us at Frosted Designs!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this! and I was looking for a "new" idea for a birthday card for my brother. This is perfect. Thanks, Deb!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous card Deb! Love the way you used the stamp for the background papers to continue to image, I have never seen this, amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fantastic card, Deb! I love how you layered the image and only spotlighted one with color! It's gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is a beautiful card Debra and I love that image (haven't seen it before). Your design is brilliant the way you did your layers and just coloured the front one. I love this!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I think this is a fantastic design, I really like the way you layered this image,keeping some parts uncolored for a great effect!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is fantastic thanks for joining us over at Stamping Dragon Designs hugs Sue DT x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wonderful!! I've never seen the spotlight technique done like this - LOVE IT!!! And of course - love the ribbon too. Thanks for sharing with us at The Crafter's Cafe this week.
    Blessings,
    Zella

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh my goodness, Deb - your card is positively GORGEOUS!! I love your unique take on the sketch. The way you layered the image underneath and then colored the top layer - just brilliant. It's such an effective technique! I am certainly going to have to CASE it!!
    Hugs, Cathy xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful card, love all the layers it looks stunning....
    Thanks for sharing it with us at CraftyCatz this week.x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Really lovely card. Great design. Thanks for sharing it with us over at Crafty Catz this week. Naomi x

    ReplyDelete
  14. So creative and pretty! Love the way you spotlighted part of the image.
    Thanks for joining us at Digi Haven.
    Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love the pretty winter scene Debra, the layered images is really fabulous.

    Hugs diane

    ReplyDelete
  16. OMG this is FAB.. Never thought of using an image like that. great Idea. Thank you for joining us over on Stamping with the Dragon.
    Marleen DTL xx

    ReplyDelete
  17. WOW... just wow... this card is amazing!
    Hugs,
    Alex

    ReplyDelete
  18. What an AMAZING card Debra!!! Absolutely fabulous coloring work!!!
    Thanks for joining us at Frosted Designs :-)

    ReplyDelete
  19. Iove this card! I love how you layered the images. Thanks for joining us at Frosted Designs fir the winter blues challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  20. I love your card,,, sooooo cute!! Thanks so much for playing along with us at Frosted Designs !! See you again soon!!!!

    ReplyDelete